Type 1400: TRI-flex belts are, next to the drive on the drums, driven by means of sprockets wheels. These types of sprockets wheels have their own geometrical shape, which causes the sprockets wheels to grip well on the cross rods. These traction wheels are used for both, spiral tower systems, as well as for belts with a straight belt run.
The STR(U/G) traction wheels, including the combined driven principle of belts for spiral systems, are characterised by:
- – Belts in spiral towers systems are driven on the basis of a combination of friction and sprockets wheels. For a good belt run its from major importance that there is a good gearing between both (overdrive)
- – Traction wheels are of course used on the axle, but are also often placed on idle shafts to both, correct the direction of the belt and to provide the belt of direction
- – The sprockets wheels feature, next to teeth, also a smooth surface. This is also called the hub, on which the belt can rest.
- – The advice is to take wheels with an as small as possible longitunal pitch circle (but at least 8 sprockets wheels).
- – A large turned over angle of the belt, with respect to the sprocketss, (>180°) is being preferred.
- – It is, with a straight belt run, the advice to take a maximal distance between the sprockets wheels of 150 mm
The traction wheels for strip belts (STR / STRU / STRG) are produced by ourselves. This enables us to realize nearly all technical versions. The most important parameters in there are several sprockets wheels (longitunal pitch circle), width, types of material, bore, whether or not a key way and whether or not a tap hole (with set screw). There are certain recommendations to be made for the parameters;
- – Amount of teeth (longitunal pitch circle); 13 up to 37
- – Width; in conformity with customer specifications, mostly 30 – 50 mm
- – Materials: POM, PA6G, 1.4305, 1.4404, 1.0503
- – Bore: in conformity with customer specifications. Round bore is preferred.
- – Key way: always (idle rollers could possible do without)
- – Tapped hole: to prevent the axle of getting damaged, it is preferred to secure on the key way and not on the axle
These sprockets wheels are used when a Type 1400: TRI-flex belt or a Type 1500: STRU/STRG belt is being used. The applications for these belts are thus similar.